Join [statename]’s newest and safest high school sport!
Schools and student athletes from across [statename] are invited to join the 2019 Spring League! Student athletes considering joining a team are required to earn a League-approved firearm safety certification. Existing teams may have limited availability to add new athletes – check with your school. New teams are only limited by the number of athletes that can be on a team as determined by coaching resources and shooting range capabilities.
New teams are allowed to join the 2019 Spring League! Learn more about how to start a new team. Once your team is approved, simply have a school official contact us and let us know!
- Now – March 1: Get team approved, begin promoting new team, acquire students, hold open house to recruit students, acquire coaches.
- January 15th: Team registration begins. Coaches can register teams via Team Management System.
- February 1st: Student athlete registration begins.
- March 1: Team registration ends. Last day to add your team for 2019.
- March 15: Student athlete registration ends. All participants must complete the online League registration. Student athlete payment option is due.
- March 31: Practice Week 1. Each team will practice on their designated shooting day(s).
- April 7: Practice Week 2.
- April 13: Registered student athletes without firearm certification are removed from rosters at midnight.
- April 14: Reserve Week. Scores are submitted via the coach’s Team Management System. These scores are saved for future use for the entire team if a team’s scheduled Competition Week is cancelled.
- April 18: Conferences announced. State tournament registration opens.
- April 21: Competition Week 1. Shoot on your scheduled day(s) during the week and compete against all teams in your conference.
- April 28: Competition Week 2.
- May 5: Competition Week 3. State tournament registration closes. Student athlete payment option is due.
- May 12: Competition Week 4.
- May 17: Tournament team registration payment option is due.
- May 19: Competition Week 5. Final team and individual results are published May 26th.
- May 26: Fun Week. Invite family and school officials. Host picnic. Try skeet shooting, sporting clays or games like Annie Oakley. Parents/school officials versus student athlete games. Have fun!!!
- June 3rd: National Championship qualifying student athletes and teams registration begins. Please see http://usaclaytargetchampionship.com for more information. Registration closes when full.
- State Tournament: June 1st – All participants are invited to compete for individual and team awards in performance categories.
- National Championship: TBD/July
Click here to go to the National Championship website.
View our frequently asked questions to learn more about school and athlete eligibility, coaching and shooting ranges or contact us to get started with your new team today!